1

New ideas, new paths

Posted by Jess Gates
I've always wanted to study abroad. But unfortunately thought about doing so too late in my college career for it to actually happen. Until this week. It dawned on me that I could go abroad this summer and finish my degree! I'm not sure how this thought came about but for now I'm going with it. I have a meeting with the Center for International Education next week to go over my options!!! I can't wait to see if this random idea can actually become a reality.



On top of that I'm also getting my grad check done next week. Apparently at college you have to declare your intention to graduate....kinda like, "OK! Think I'll go through with this now!" haha it just kinda cracks me up. Kinda thought that was the whole point of going to college -- to graduate. :) But they will also let me know if I'm missing anything major. Which is super important. I've known a lot of people who couldn't graduate because SURPRISE! you still need one more class! So I'm avoiding that and getting my grad check now!



And last but not least, I'm also meeting with Career Services next week. I'll be discussing with them the possibility of going into the Peace Corps. This, too, is something I have never thought about doing until this week. It's like suddenly I have all these different ideas about what to do with my life after college....because really it is coming on so fast!



I'm at a crossroads yet again. I have a lot of decisions to make and the path in front of me both terrifies and thrills me! I'll definitely keep you guys posted.



Ciao for now <3

1 Comments


As a member of the Greeley community and a graduate student at UNC, I say…go explore the world as UNC gives you that opportunity! When I was an undergraduate student I did not take the opportunity when I had the resources and time available. As a result, my only regret during my college experience. GOOD LUCK!

Copyright © 2009 Making Memories All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.